Friday, August 26, 2016

Addie turns 4!

My baby is officially a four year old. Three still can pass as semi-baby but not four. She's entered legit "big kid" stage now. There are about 4 x 1000 good things I could say about her, but I suppose I'll refrain. I'll just start with how much I love her wild imagination. She is all about pretend play with animals and little people or babies. I don't think she received this gene from me or Andrew because neither of us remember being like that as a kid and it definitely isn't our forte now. She can get her little paw patrol doggies, beanie babies or dolls and start talking with them and escape to another world.
 
She's also very into "Going on a bear hunt" right now. She'll bee bop around the back yard going through caves, weed fields, mud rivers, and mountains. She would skip around but she hasn't yet mastered that skill. She's working on it at dance class right now. However, she will gladly show you how she is the best long jumper in the world. (Thanks to the Olympics that were just on.) Not that I'm biased at all, but kid does have a pretty good long jump.
 
I'm catching glimpses of maturity growing in her more and more these days. We actually went to Wal-Mart yesterday for over an hour without any major battles or fits. (I hesitate to even write those words down.) I'm slowing starting to exhale as her rollercoaster toddler stage seems to be gradually fading. Perhaps we will survive after all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment