For Addie's 4th birthday we opted for a party outside of our house so the kids could run a muck and not destroy everything. We were fortunate to be able to rent out the pool at Huntsville Country Club thanks to G-pa and G-ma! Win win.
Decorating was pretty easy since it was outside. Although we got there an hour before the party started so I was in turbo mode. Note to self: 1 hour is not long enough. I guess stopping at Wal-Mart on our way for waterproof mascara probably wasn't necessary. (but we needed ice so whatev.)
I perused pinterest and just got a couple of ideas because I was NOT going to make this party a big deal and stress about it. Ummmm sure, let's just say that's what happened.
Time for the line-up.
First off, what's a party without beach balls and pool noodles? Gotta LOVE the Dollar Tree.
Second, it's hard to not have a pool party and have a little beach theme sneak in here or there. Trust me, Pinterest tried very hard to lure me into beach world or mermaid land.
My girl Tiffany rode the waves like a champ.
Judy and Sue Ellen got their tan on.
Can my mother in law make a rockin' cake or what? Props!
Emme and Sandy were the best part of this oh so classy pool ring wreath.
What's that you say? Is the garland made out of pool noodles? Why yes. Yes, it is.
All props were FREE SUMMER PRINTABLES from Moms&munchkins.
Nothing says Happy Birthday like a baby with a pina colada.
The party was a success. Most importantly, Addie was surrounded by family, friends, dubious amounts of sugar, and way too many presents.
I need to reminisce with this picture when deciding whether or not to throw a party for her next year:
No comments:
Post a Comment