We aren't in the throes of potty training with Emme just yet but mighty close. She semi-regularly pee pees on her little potty. However, when she infrequently poo poos she gets a little frightened. Who can blame her? It is kind of a gross phenomenon. So today she was sitting on her potty in the living room, because why not watch Chicken Little while pooping, and she jumped up mid poop and ran away from the potty leaving behind a trail of evidence. Of course she had to step in it and then sit on me. Luckily Addie is transitioning out of the terrible 3's so she cooperated when I asked her to go get the wipes. I'm just going to tell myself that I got all of the poop cleaned off of me and Em and the rug... and the couch... and the crevices of the floor... and the ceiling (kidding).
Everyone says you'll miss this stage, but I promise you I will not miss the poop on my leg part of this stage one bit.
HOWEVER...I will painfully miss the "hugs around my legs" and "rocking to sleep with head on my shoulder" stage. I'll take a poopy leg every now and then if it means I can hold on to her baby days as long as possible.
My head tells me that 2 children are probably best for our family but my heart is having a hard time accepting it. If only she could stay this endearing, curious, loving age of 20 months for about 6 more months, maybe I could get all the baby stage out of my system.... doubt it.
Clinging on to something doesn't make it any easier to let go of when the time inevitably comes. All I can do is just breathe in each second I get with her... but not too much, because um, well see paragraphs above.
For now, I think I'll go burn my clothes and take a bath in bleach. Goodbye.

No comments:
Post a Comment