Oh to hear a child pray. Sometimes it's magical, inspiring, divine... and sometimes it's just hilarious. Emmalyn can bow her head and close her eyes with the best of 'em. The other night she was fervently bowing before the Lord and thanking him for her blessings (in a two year old kind of way) when she stopped and looked up at me for help. I cut in with "Thank you God for..." and she closes her sweet little precious eyes and says with gusto "juice... ho, ho... " and I cannot even remember the rest because I was cackling from laughing too hard. Way to nail that timing and delivery kiddo.
According to Emme, Minnie Mouse and Elmo have just as much of a right to be on the Ark with the other animals. I'll give it to Minnie mouse but Elmo... don't think he fits into any genus or species that I know of.
She also doesn't quite understand the baby in belly scenario too well either. We were praying for cousin Lindsey's baby in her belly the other night which led Emme to point to my belly and ask "Baby ...Mommy?" I said NOPE and she proceeded to ask about Sandy, Nana, Poppa, Addie, Levi, Ben, Bre, Erica, Drew, etc etc etc. My all time favorite had to be HO HO though. That one's understandable! When I told her that she was too little to have a baby in her belly her next person of interest went straight to Carter. Why of course since he is a whopping SIX MONTHS older than her. Ha. Oh the laughs.
Addie switches up our theology to a more serious place though. The other day she said she wanted to go visit Lucky (my parents' deceased dog) in Heaven with God. I told her no because I wanted her to stay with us and she casually just said she could take a plane and visit for a while. Ha, if only it worked that way.
When praying, she'll straight up say "God I NEED you to... make me feel better, heal my boo boo, make so and so well, etc.". She could be getting something right here though. I don't think God necessarily likes demands but when we ask for something aren't we really just saying "I NEEEED (blank)." I love how she still says mostly things from the heart and not what she thinks she's supposed to say.
Teaching them about God is a joy but also a challenge that requires a larger source that's bigger than Andrew or myself. For that I am thankful that God's Spirit, His creation and the love of our church and other believers can fill in all the large gaps we cannot fill.
No comments:
Post a Comment